2 minutes: Get Involved.
5 minutes: Get Others Involved.
- Share adult education facts and alerts.
- Get sample Facebook, blog, and Twitter posts you can use to update your status.
10 minutes: Educate Yourself.
1 hour: Educate Others.
- Browse the NCL Advocacy Toolkit to familiarize yourself with the resources available to you.
- Write a letter to your local newspaper about the importance of adult education and family literacy in your community.
2 hours/week: Make A Difference.
- Volunteer at a local adult education program and personally teach an adult to read or speak English.
- Create your own local network of 5-10 individuals interested in advocating for adult education and keep them informed on adult education issues by forwarding NCL updates and alerts.
1 day: Make Change!
- Invite your legislator to visit your local adult education program.
- Vote and campaign for candidates for office who support adult literacy.